It’s a spiritual battle between good and evil.
The real enemy is not a Republican or a Democrat.
…For our struggle is not against flesh and blood… Ephesians 6:12
Don’t be deceived.
Satan tries to deceive people into believing these two lies:
- That issues are more important than relationships.
- That being “right” is more important than doing right.
He uses those lies to get people to resent anyone who disagrees with them. Satan especially wants Christians to fall into this trap so we become known for being judgmental, unloving hypocrites.
Persevere in Christlike love for people.
This includes people you perceive to be enemies and unlovable.
- It does not mean we condone or agree with something that is wrong.
- It does not mean we compromise truth, or stop doing what is right.
- It does mean we stop trying to get people to see things exactly as we do.
God is in control, so trust Him with the outcome.
For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Romans 13b
And the Lord’s servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct…
2 Timothy 2:24-25
30-minute free coaching
Do you seek to become a better listener? Are you willing to ask questions of people with opposing views to better understand why they see things differently than you do? Would you like to see argumentative monologues replaced with honest dialogue? If so, we are offering 30 minutes of free coaching on ways to achieve those goals.